What is the 80/20 Rule and how will it aid you in your weight loss goals?
The 80/20 rule came about when the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto observed that 80% of income in Italy was received by 20% of the Italian population.
This observation was then taken to the daily lives of individuals, to see if their individual schedules and successes in life matched up. Quickly, researchers discovered that 80% of the successes/results we get in life are usually only tied to 20% of our actions.
Let me repeat that; 80 percent of the good things that come from your hard work ONLY come from 20 percent of the actions that you take. This means we, on average, are wasting 80% of the effort we put into things!
If you are familiar with the 80/20 rule, then you understand the power it has to change your life. I mean, could you imagine cutting out 80% of the tasks on your daily to-do list? The stress-relief would be phenomenal!
So, how does this apply to your health?
IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE
Are you feeling stressed out about weight loss, overwhelmed with achieving a big fitness goal, or just confused about what you need to do to lose weight? If so,I highly recommend you apply the 80/20 rule in your health pursuits.
By doing this you will cut out the unnecessary actions you are taking to achieve weight loss and you will reduce stress! Seriously, sometimes it is just about doing less. Not more.
In order to get a start on this, make a list of everything that you think you need to do to achieve your weight loss goal. It may look something like this:
– meal prep
– sleep 8 hours
– workout every day
– do yoga
– study nutrition
– take supplements
– get your thyroid checked
– get your hormones checked
– take medication
– log everything you put into your body
The list can go on forever!
After you make this list, I want you to circle the most important action. Now, for two weeks only focus on this one thing!
Is it really that easy?
Of course not! Every part of you will try to resist doing less. You will find yourself pulled to do more. You will want to do more! However, if you want to see success you must resist the urge and stay strong! Here are a few tips on staying strong with doing less:
- Block out time for the one thing
- If your one thing is nutrition. Block off time in your schedule to focus on that one thing. Maybe this is meal prepping time, study time, or planning time.
- Eliminate distractions!
- Do not let distractions pull you away from your one thing. For example, do not schedule your meal prepping time during a busy time in your week/day. Do it on your easiest day, such as a Sunday.
- Get accountability
- Have someone hold you accountable for focusing on your one thing! You must respect them and trust that they will call you out if you are not sticking to your one thing.
- Get a coach
- A coach can be the best accountability partner there is. They are experts in their fields and will truly be able to guide you on a straight path to accomplishing your one thing.
If you want more help on applying the 80/20 rule in your pursuit of weight loss, tune in to our Facebook Live Saturday November 5th at 12:30PM! It will be from my personal page, so add me and follow me to get a notification of when we go live at Renegade Boot Camps!
You can do so HERE—– https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1000110525…
Good luck in applying the 80/20 rule to your health. You can do this!
“Those who rebel against the ordinary propel the world forward”